IRender nXt HDRi Sky Tutorial from Render Plus
This HDRi Sky Tutorial will guide you through a simple exterior rendering using an HDRi Sky for a background.
Download and Installation(If you have already downloaded and installed IRender nXt, ignore this step)
- Download IRender nXt from the RenderPlus Downloads Page
- After downloading the .ZIP file, click on the file name inside to install IRender nXt.
- During installation, select the proper version of SketchUp if you have more than one version installed.
Start SketchUp (IRender nXt works with both the free and professional versions.) Start IRender nXt
- Select IRender nXt Load from the SketchUp Plugins menu.
Exterior Scene with HDRi SkyHDRi Skies and backgrounds provide a full, 360 degree, image used for the visual background, as well as lighting and reflections.
Sample HDRi Panorama – contains full 360 degree image with sky and some landscape
Select a model
For your first rendering we suggest a simple exterior.We are going to render it, using default HDRi Sky settings, without making any changes to the model. This will let you see the effects of the default lighting of IRender nXt. For exteriors, this is easiest to see if the model has roof overhangs, porches, or other features which will benefit from subtle lighting effects.
- Download this model from the 3D Warehouse: 3D Exterior Model of Plan 22169
3D Warehouse model you could use for the first rendering
- Click the Render icon:
- After you click the start rendering icon, the Rendering Settings dialog will appear to help you with your settings.
- Click the HDRi Sky Preset
- Click Start Rendering to render your first image.
Rendering Settings Wizard
Rendered image – 10 rendering passes – Rendering time less than 1 minute
Notice the reflection in the windows from the Sky behind us.Check out RenderPlus.com